William CARDEN, son of William and Elizabeth CARDEN, was probably born about 1755
in probably Orange Co NC. About 1780 he married Dicey UNKNOWN.
Sometime between 1782 and 1786 he moved to Oglethorpe Co GA. He lived there until
about 1810 when he moved to Jasper Co GA. He died in Jasper Co GA in November 1824.
Dicey died after 1832, probably in Walton Co GA.
William and Dicey CARDEN
The chart below is based in large part on information found on the
internet, including the CARDEN mailing list and the CARDEN message board
on GenForum. Additions, corrections, comments or even hoots of derision
would be greatly appreciated. Information has also been provided by Chuck Carden,
Mike Collins, and Wayne Tiller.
The estate of William CARDEN
- A transcription of all the pages in the estate file of William CARDEN
Some CARDEN References in Published Works
- Granville District Land Grants
- Wake Co NC Wills
- Wake County NC Land Entries 1778-1846
- Wake County North Carolina, County Court Minutes
- Early Deeds of Wake County North Carolina
- Bounty Grants
- Wilkes Co GA
- Oglethorpe Co GA Deeds
Some Census Records
- For all the CARDEN census records 1790-1880 be sure to see the Chuck
Carden census records at the website
maintained by Beth MacDonald.
- The census records I show here include some non-CARDEN records and are
just the ones that seem relevent to William and Dicey and their descendants.
Some Soundex Records
- Some soundex records for miscellaneous states and years
- 1900 Alabama
- 1900 Georgia
- 1900 Texas
Some CARDEN Links
- Thor Carden's page
- Chuck Carden's census page
- Mike Collin's page
- Trish's page
- Who were they and where did they come from? While I feel confident that
their identity has been established, others feel that the evidence is still
insufficient. Maybe we're all right.
The Descendants of William CARDEN
- I am trying to gather information on all the descendants of William
CARDEN and their spouses. Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.