ARLINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
101 E. Abram St.
Arlington, Texas 76010
phone: (817) 459-6900
- Books are arranged by state. Collection covers mainly the southern states with the largest
concentration with the state of Texas. A good selection of bound genealogy periodicals are
- Microfilm Collection.
- Texas Federal Census microfilm covering years 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910 and
1920. Other states also available by various years and counties.
- Texas Soundex microfilm for census years 1900, 1910 and 1920
- Index to Texas Confederate Soldiers; Texas Confederate Military Service Records
- Galveston, Texas Passenger Lists: 1896-1948; Texas Voter Register of 1867-1869
- Index to Texas Births: 1903-1976; Index to Texas Probate Birth Records
- Index to Texas Deaths: 1903-1973
- War of 1812 Pension Application Files
- Census of the Cherokee Nation -- 1880 & 1890
- Family Search Computer -- CD Rom database from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
Saints, and a selection of CDs from the Family Tree Maker collection available.
- Internet computer terminals available / notebook of genealogy internet sites provided.
The Arlington Public Library subscribes to the Ancestry.com site available through our
internet computers located at Central and the branch libraries.
- Genealogy "How To" books for check-out, Call # 929.1
- Genealogy forms for sale: Ancestor Chart, Family Group Sheets, Census forms; 10 cents each
- Arlington Genealogy Society: Meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Arlington Public
Library -- Community Room, 6:30-3:30pm
- Area Research Locations:
- Family History Center at 3809 Curt Dr., Arlington, TX; phone: 817-446-7088
- National Archives & Research Center at 501 W. Felix St., Ft. Worth, Tx;
- Fort Worth Public Library: 300 Taylor St., Ft. Worth, Tx.; phone: 817-871-7740
- Dallas Public Library: 515 Young St., Dallas, Tx.; phone: 214-670-1433
FAMILY TREE MAKER COLLECTION
ARLINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY--CENTRAL
WORLD FAMILY TREE:
VOLUMES 1-22; & FAMILYFINDER INDEX
CD #'S: 3; 4; 5; 224; 225; 229; 401; 403;
CENSUS INDEX SERIES: U.S. SELECTED COUNTIES
CENSUS YEARS: 1790; 1800; 1820; 1830; 1840; 1850; 1860; 1870; 1880
CD#: 255-(covers AL, AR, FL, LA, MI, MN, OH, WI--1790-1907)
CD#: 117-NEW ENGLAND FAMILIES: 1600s-1800s
FAMILY ARCHIVES-CENSUS MICROFILM RECORDS:
CD#: 306- NORTH CAROLINA-1850
CD#: 146- U.S. SOLDIERS, 1784-1811